[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Chibata Creations Forums • View topic - Controller connected, scan works, preset doesn't

Controller connected, scan works, preset doesn't

Joystick Mapper discussion.

Controller connected, scan works, preset doesn't

Postby Juras » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:08 am

Hello,

I am trying to get an Xbox 360 controller to work on a MacBook Pro running MacOS Mojave version 10.14.1.
I have successfully used this controller in the past to set up various keybinds for World of Warcraft, but the preset I had created is no longer responsive.

I originally thought the controller wasn't pairing as the lights kept blinking, but the xbox 360 controllers controller test in the system preferences from the driver showed the computer was registering all the button presses. Moreover, scan works for creating key binds within Joystick Mapper itself. However, once I check the box to enable the preset in Joystick mapper and I get the checkmark, none of the binds I defined seem to do anything at all.

I installed driver version 0.16.5 and now my controller pairs normally, without the lights blinking, but the other behavior remains. The driver controller test found in Xbox 360 controllers under System Preferences registers all the button presses, Joystick Mapper lets me define key binds with scan, and I can click the checkmark to enable the preset, but then none of the key binds work. Please advise.

This used to work, and I'm not sure why it suddenly isn't now.
Juras

Re: Controller connected, scan works, preset doesn't

Postby crenninger » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:42 am

I have the exact same issue after OSX 11.14.6 upgrade. I can't remember the version I was on before.

I upgraded joystick mapper to the latest version , and still no luck.

Both JoyShow and preferences tells me the controller works, but outside the testing tools, it doesn't do anything.

Any help/advise welcome.
thank you!
crenninger

Postby crenninger » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 pm

FYI, I tried the same driver/joystick mapper version on a 10.12.3 / Mojave computer instead of 10.14.6 and everything works as expected.

I suspect Joystick mapper needs an update for 10.14.6.
crenninger

Postby crenninger » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:02 pm

As far as I can tell, Joystick mapper doesn't support Mojave due to the 32bits limitation

Is the developer monitoring this? he needs to compile a 64 bits version.
crenninger

Postby Rodrigo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:12 pm

does the latest version of the xbox driver fix this?
https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases

about the Joystick Mapper app, the 64 bit version will arrive before the doomsday of 32bit, I promise.
Rodrigo

Postby courtua » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 am

courtua

Return to Joystick Mapper