Mapping for Photo/Video Editing

Joystick Mapper discussion.

Mapping for Photo/Video Editing

Postby PhotoQ » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:32 am

I'm actually having great success using this app to remap controllers to control some of my post production. It's been a great way for me to break up the repetitive stress of my work and a fun option to simplify shortcuts for clients who would just prefer to push a few simplified buttons.

I'm primarily using the 8bitDo NES Bluetooth controllers and I'm able to map nearly everything I need.

One problem I have is with the directional pad... I can map the arrow keys, but I have to tap repeatedly to move between photos. I'm really hoping to have an option to hold down a directional arrow and have it continue to scroll in that direction (or at least a way to translate holding a button down into multiple inputs).

Right now it Scans the directional button as Hat #0 Up/Down/Etc.
I don't see any option to make that input be repeated.

Another feature that would be AMAZING is a way to group bindings (maybe something already exists?)
My problems stems from simply keeping track of all the crazy key combinations that make up "Shortcuts" for my editing apps.
One shortcut can easily end up as 4 lines of bindings.

Is there any possibility of Folders, Color Coding, or another way to group and LABEL bindings?

Thank you!!!

Alex
PhotoQ

Re: Mapping for Photo/Video Editing

Postby Rodrigo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:02 am

PhotoQ wrote:I don't see any option to make that input be repeated.

This is an option I should have done since day one.
It is on my todo list.

PhotoQ wrote:Another feature that would be AMAZING is a way to group bindings (maybe something already exists?)
My problems stems from simply keeping track of all the crazy key combinations that make up "Shortcuts" for my editing apps.

That is a good idea, I will see what can be done.

PhotoQ wrote:Is there any possibility of Folders, Color Coding, or another way to group and LABEL bindings?

I am working on a way to label the bindings

Thanks for your suggestions!
Rodrigo

Re: Mapping for Photo/Video Editing

Postby pmb667 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Rodrigo wrote:
PhotoQ wrote:I don't see any option to make that input be repeated.

This is an option I should have done since day one.
It is on my todo list.

PhotoQ wrote:Another feature that would be AMAZING is a way to group bindings (maybe something already exists?)

That is a good idea, I will see what can be done.

PhotoQ wrote:Is there any possibility of Folders, Color Coding, or another way to group and LABEL bindings?

I am working on a way to label the bindings

Thanks for your suggestions!

Wow, this was exactly what I was looking for and to post about. Thanks OP!

Rodrigo, I too, use your great app for photo editing and successfully using it with my USB Logitech Dual Action gamepad, and Adobe Lightroom.

I second the OPs ideas for sure!

I still cant get the Axis levers to 'Zoom' in (forward) and out (backward) yet though. Working on learning more about this app! :)
pmb667

Return to Joystick Mapper