Xbox one Drivers working, but not keystrokes in game

Joystick Mapper discussion.

Xbox one Drivers working, but not keystrokes in game

Postby wmiki » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:28 am

Hey Rodrigo,

My xbox one controller is connecting using one of my two drivers (not sure which one is helping the most). The mapped keyboard strokes work when not in a game (like in Word or even the desktop). So I know it's happening. But inside games (that are in full-screen mode - if that makes a difference), like Lego Avengers, the keystrokes are no longer read. I'm using an iMac on Yosemite. The xbox controller works perfectly with emulators and native games when the game reads it as an xbox controller. So I assume it's not the controller that's the issue. Any thoughts on this, or perhaps a workaround? I noticed the xbox driver I'm using has just updated 23 days ago, so I'll test it with that first. But thought I'd ask anyways, since I enjoy your helpful forum here.
wmiki

Re: Xbox one Drivers working, but not keystrokes in game

Postby Rodrigo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:55 pm

be sure to have the latest version o fhte driver.
Also, please check if the game itself have controller support.
do you still have the problem?
Rodrigo

Postby wmiki » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi Rodrigo, thanks for getting back. Indeed I am using the latest driver: 360Controller 0.16. As for Lego Avengers (for example), I think it does have controller support. One time (just once, mind you) it read the xbox one controller without a problem, without the need for joystick mapper. Then never again. I have a couple drivers floating around and am wondering if there's some conflict going on. Is it that joystick mapper will be in conflict with a game that has xbox controller support? I've set the game up as if I were using a keyboard, assuming JM would send keystroke info to the game. There is some communication with the game, but not entirely. Is there a game I should use as a test? One that has been proven to work with JM on the Mac, in full screen mode? Thanks for the help. w.
wmiki

Postby Rodrigo » Tue May 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Towerfall ascension is a good game to test gamepads, also it is a great local multiplayer game.

anyway, when a game detects a gamepad but doesnt work properly while preventing Joystick Mapper to work properly too, a good workaround is simply, enabling the preset, run the game, removing and then pluging the controller again... Most games wont detect the gamepad again, but Joystick Mapper will.
Rodrigo

Return to Joystick Mapper