Restrict mapper to one app or autoselect preset on load?

Joystick Mapper discussion.

Restrict mapper to one app or autoselect preset on load?

Postby dadcore » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello,

I'm using joystick mapper as part of a popup indie arcade I am running next weekend.

One of the games we are running doesn't have gamepad support, and I've added it...BUT this key mapping interferes with other games.

So I'm wondering if there's either a way to restrict joystick mapper to only execute it's mappings if a particular app is in the foreground. I think there isn't.

Failing that, is there a way via command line to specify which preset to enable within Joystick Mapper? That way I could write a wrapper script that loads/kills the Joystick Mapper with the correct preset only when this particular game is loaded.

I'm also using Joystick mapper to be a "global quit button" so participants can quit a game and get back to our front-end game launcher without each game needing to support a quit method.

My description of what I'm trying to accomplish might be a little confusing, if it helps here is what the front-end launcher looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyQZ0F0T3Ug

Hitting enter on any of those previews launches the actual game which then takes foreground control.

Thanks!
dadcore

Re: Restrict mapper to one app or autoselect preset on load?

Postby Rodrigo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:30 pm

hello

sorry but none of the options are currently possible, sorry
I will take note of the suggestion, though.
Rodrigo

Re: Restrict mapper to one app or autoselect preset on load?

Postby schroef » Sun May 22, 2016 4:48 pm

perhaps if you bind command + tab to the select button you could swap apps, not sure it works though. But than you would need the controller presets to be swapped as well? Not possible unless you give them alle exact same bindings
schroef

Return to Joystick Mapper