PS4 and Mac

Joystick Mapper discussion.

PS4 and Mac

Postby Finnbogg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:08 pm

SO how are things working out with Joystick Mapper and PS4 wi5th mac. I dont have a ps3 controller. will ps4 controller work as good as ps3. Or do i need to get a ps3 cntroller?
Finnbogg

Re: PS4 and Mac

Postby Rodrigo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:56 pm

I can say that, now, the PS4 controller works Better thant the PS3 controller on mac, so, I will recommend you to use the Dual Shock 4, if you can.

If you need to convert PS3 presets, this may help you: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=248
Rodrigo

Postby __Gamer__ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:15 pm

I am having an issue on my iMac with a dual shock PS4 controller.

OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite
Intel i5
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB

Only happens when playing Spec Ops: The Line.

Once the game starts the a-axis look around function is buggy. The look around locks in a spin after looking straight up. I can run, shoot and use all the function buttons except a1/0+- (mouse up/down/left/right).

If I disconnect the PS4 controller completely and use the key board, the game performs fine with keyboard commands. If I try to use the controller via the usb connector, the PS4 controller is not recognized by the game.

I have installed and used Joystick Mapper and can get different variations on the same issue trying different mappings.

Does anyone have a fix or suggestion?
__Gamer__

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:59 pm

I think the game itself supports controllers and it is conflicting with joystick mapper.
you can try activating the preset, removing the controller, and then launch the game and connect the controller.
Rodrigo

Postby TrueIdealist » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:36 pm

I could not get my DS4 PS4 Controller to work with Spec Ops: The Line. The camera just spun uncontrollably. I spent ages Googling this problem and trying various suggestions but nothing helped. I thought surely there must be a solution. Then I found out about Joystick Mapper and this forum. The key was to select the Joystick Mapper preset but not enable the DS4 controller in Bluetooth until the game started. Then it was as simple as tapping the PS button on the controller to enable it. Thanks for the tips guys!

By the way, something else I learned along the way: if you need to temporarily jump out of Spec Ops to the desktop you need to hit "Command H" on the Mac keyboard.

My Specs:
Macbook Pro Retina 15 inch Mid 2014
2.8GHz Intel i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
TrueIdealist

Postby Tomgunner27 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:47 pm

Hey I am having the same problem and have tried the fix but it doesn't seem to be working. What is the exact time that I should reconnect my controller? I have done it at various different time and the results have been either the game hasn't registered the controller at all or the original problem still persists where you cannot control the camera.
Tomgunner27

Postby Rodrigo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:06 pm

There are possible some problems with this game related to a bug that happens on REtina displays, there is a workaround here (last item):
http://joystickmapper.com/faq/#gamespecific

About The trick to make the game ignore the controller, in case the built-in controls conflict with it:
- enable the preset with the controller connected
- start the game
- after entering the game, remove and connect the controller
- the game will probably ignore the controller but Joystick Mapper will pick it up normally.
Rodrigo

Postby socalgamer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:32 pm

I have a ported version of Skyrim that runs on Mac OS X without the need to run in bootcamp dual boot mode. However, the PS3 controller will not work with the game!
I used PS3 example files with the Joystick software and it recognizes my PS3 controller but the game itself does not. This is driving me insane.
socalgamer

Return to Joystick Mapper