Tested Gamepads...

Joystick Mapper discussion.

Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi there, here is the current list of tested and known to work Gamepads:

• PS4 dual shock 4 (both wired and wireless)
  • PS3 dual shock 3 (original) (usb works out-of-the-box, for bluetooth, it is a little tricky, check this video if you are not able to connect, note that this is not my app's fault, it is driver's) (Snow Leopard needs Driver)
  • Microsoft Xbox One Controller (wired, just plug USB Cable) (needs driver)
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 wired Controller (needs driver)
  • Microsoft Original Xbox wired Controller (needs driver)
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless Controller (needs receiver and driver)
  • EMS Trio Linker 2 Plus an adaptor for:
    • GameCube
    • GameCube DK Bongos (Fully functional, including claps!)
    • PS2
    • Dreamcast
    • (This adaptor claims it is compatible with PS2 dancing pads, It should be compatible, but I dont have one to test)
  • A Dual SNES-to-USB Adapter (from Mayflash)
  • An iControlPad Bluetooth controller (this one works with android and iphone too and it is nice!)
  • A Retrode adaptor (Sega/Snes/Atari...)
  • 9-button SEGA Saturn USB pad
  • A generic Ps2 knock-off usb joystick for pc
  • Saitek p880
  • USB to Wii Classic Controller (Thanks Jonathan!)
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
  • Logitech Gamepads (in DirectInput mode!)
  • Logitech Gamepads (in XInput mode, needs Xbox driver)
  • Using Wjoy (note that may not work in El Capitain OS X 10.11):
    • Wiimote (No accelerometer)
    • Wii Classic Controller
    • Wii Nunchuk (analog stick support seems to be broken in the latest version I tested (v0.7) )
    • Wii U Gamepad Pro (as reported by other users)
  • Many others...

Please note that if your gamepad is not on this list, does NOT mean it does not work. ;)
Any Mac (and PC, mostly, please check compatibility) compatible joysticks or gamepads that uses USB or Bluetooth (compatible with the HID Gamepad Standard) should work out-of-the-box.

Mixed Results (Told by e-mail that it is not working, but there is people on the internet saying it works, so it needs confirmation)

• 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box (2005 model) source: (working) (not working) (please test if you have one)
  • Old non-plug-and-play USB 1.1 controllers that needs drivers . (they are not HID stardard compilant)
  • Third Party or knockoff PS3 controllers, some may work, like ones from MadCatz (some of them claims to be PC compatible, check with the manufacturer), and some dont. The only way to be sure if getting a official Dual Shock 3/SixAxis controller.
  • Third Party xbox 360 controllers, (please download the latest version of this xbox controller driver driver, and if it doesnt work, please tell us)

If you used any Joystick successfully (or not) that is not on this list, please post its model here and help make this list more complete.

Thanks
Last edited by Rodrigo on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Reason: more info
Rodrigo

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:23 am

Interesting news:
I tested with the GameCube DK bongos (with EMS Trio Linker 2 Plus usb adaptor) today, and for my suprise, it is fully functional!!!!

• The claps are mapped to Axis #4 + (with variable sensitivity)
  • Each half of each drum maps to different "buttons", so, it can detect if you tap the drums far or near yourself... Is there any donkey konga minigame that used this functionality? I did not even know about this.

Now I am dying to make a Donkey Konga Clone
:D
Rodrigo

Postby gogogoluke » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:14 pm

I have magic joy box. it has worked with other products but they were free trials. I can't seem to map the controls, so i dont know if it works
gogogoluke

Postby Rodrigo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Looks like the Magic Joy Box works as reported now by your review (Luke Superguy ?)........... Can you confirm that?
The user that reported the opposite must be doing something wrong. :)
Rodrigo

Postby Rodrigo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 am

Some people are saying that the AFTERGLOW Xbox 360 controller doesnt work. Can someone install the latest driver software and confirm that?
Rodrigo

Postby axcluke » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 pm

I've got the Wii U Pro Controller and the Wii Remote working after connecting via bluetooth with WJoy.
axcluke

Postby Rodrigo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:23 am

axcluke wrote:I've got the Wii U Pro Controller and the Wii Remote working after connecting via bluetooth with WJoy.

Nice to know! Thank you for the info! :)
I will try it when I get a WiiU (probably when mario kart or smash bros gets released)
Rodrigo

Postby shawnleary » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:37 am

AfterGlow Pro Controller for PS3 is working fine. Didn't realize we had to click +bind in order to program each button in.
shawnleary

Postby Darryl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 am

When I am currently using Xbox 360 controller for playing game on PC, but now plain to buy saitek gamepad. What do you think which one is better?
Darryl

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Not sure, I only have an xbox controller. Get the one you think is better suited for you :)
Rodrigo

Postby NER » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Which are considered the best? I'm using a budget Logitech Gamepad F310 but I'd like a few more buttons when I upgrade.

Are there any which use the analog stick as a true analog control? I'm finding it frustrating without fine control in COD2 and Bioshock. Or is this something the games themselves need to have programmed in?

BTW Rodrigo, nice app, thanks for making it :)
NER

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:45 pm

NER wrote:Which are considered the best? I'm using a budget Logitech Gamepad F310 but I'd like a few more buttons when I upgrade.

Are there any which use the analog stick as a true analog control? I'm finding it frustrating without fine control in COD2 and Bioshock. Or is this something the games themselves need to have programmed in?

BTW Rodrigo, nice app, thanks for making it :)

I never used the Logitech Gamepad F310 enough to tell you, but I think the xbox controller is pretty decent, even the dpad if you can get used to it.

True analog control is something that needs to be programmed in the game itself, the best "analog" control you can get with joystick mapper is for mouse and scroll wheel movement.
Rodrigo

Postby NER » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks, useful to know.
NER

Postby kariddim » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 pm

hey would like to know if there is full support for the PS4 controller.
tried with the USB and it works, but no responds when trying to connect with bluetooth.
on MAC OSX 10.9.1
Joystick Mapper ver. 1.1.2
kariddim

Postby Rodrigo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:20 pm

[s]The PS4 controller currently only works properly through usb, not bluetooth.[/s]
I am investigating a fix.

The PS4 controller works wired and wirelessly with the latest version of joystick mapper
Rodrigo

Next

Return to Joystick Mapper