Tested Gamepads...

Joystick Mapper discussion.

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Siryossi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Tested and works so far. Pelican PS 2 to PS 3 adapter PL-6338. Mac OS X 10.9.2 showed the adapter as PS 3 controller and works with OEM PS 2 controller. The joystick mapper shows it as PS 3 controller. Tested in a limited sense with battlestations pacific from the apple App Store. Will test more later with wireless PS 2 radio signal controller and let u know later this week.
Siryossi
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:34 pm

thanks for the info. :)
Rodrigo
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby aerowright » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:32 am

Saitek Cyborg 3D USB, Mac Powerbook two models MacBookPro6,1 and MacBookPro10,2 running Mavericks 10.9.3

I have tested Joystick Mapper Version 1.1.2 (4) with the Saitek Cyborg 3D USB and there are some problems. It does not respond to axes 0,1,2 or 3 in the positive direction. Though Joystick Show Version 1.1.2 (4) and another joystick tester both show input on those axes in both directions. When setting the axes (that work) to mouse motion the mouse constantly moves up and to the left. Adjustment for center stick would be a nice touch. Would really appreciate a fix.
aerowright
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 pm

I found a script that adds a couple of third party xbox 360 controllers compatibility to the tattiebogle's xbox 360 driver (seems to work only with 0.11 version, not sure).
you can find it here: http://support.feralinteractive.com/fil ... ommand.zip
the list of gamepads: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=636420 include Razer, Madcatz, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Saitek, ThrustMaster and other controllers.

I have not tested this myself, but if you test it and it works, please tell me here which controller you got working so other people can know.

:)
Rodrigo
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:59 pm

aerowright wrote:Saitek Cyborg 3D USB, Mac Powerbook two models MacBookPro6,1 and MacBookPro10,2 running Mavericks 10.9.3

I have tested Joystick Mapper Version 1.1.2 (4) with the Saitek Cyborg 3D USB and there are some problems. It does not respond to axes 0,1,2 or 3 in the positive direction. Though Joystick Show Version 1.1.2 (4) and another joystick tester both show input on those axes in both directions. When setting the axes (that work) to mouse motion the mouse constantly moves up and to the left. Adjustment for center stick would be a nice touch. Would really appreciate a fix.


I missed your post :/ Do you still have problems with that?
Rodrigo
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby shienok » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:28 am

dualshock 4 works great wirelessly on yosemite
shienok
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:07 am

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Ranutso » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Does it work with MFI compatible joysticks such as the SteelSeries Stratus XL? They do mention OS X compatibility on their website.

http://steelseries.com/products/control ... er-for-ios

MULTIPLE DEVICES
The release of iOS 7 brought classic gaming controls to Apple’s mobile platform. The Stratus XL takes advantage of this release allowing it to work with most devices, even Mac computers as well. We have your gaming needs covered, in the comfort of your own home or on the go.
Ranutso
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Hello

Joystick Mapper is NOT compatible with MFi Game controllers. This may change in the future. I need to get a bluetooth one :P
That said, do you know any MAC Game that is directly compatible with these controllers? I never heard of a single one!
Rodrigo
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Alake » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi!

I have a really old gamepad, a NGS Tanker. It has outputs for PS2 and USB. It worked by USB with PS3 fine too. I don't find drivers for it anywhere, it is supposed to be for Windows, not for Mac.

Would this app work with it?
Alake
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby xespi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Tested width excellent results "Noganet* NG-3089" on Mavericks
Is a wireless double axis analog/digital gamepad like ps2
(It doesn't specify mac compatible but it is)


*Note: Noganet is a argentinian brand for generic Chinese controllers

Image
xespi
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:37 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:44 pm

Alake wrote:Hi!

I have a really old gamepad, a NGS Tanker. It has outputs for PS2 and USB. It worked by USB with PS3 fine too. I don't find drivers for it anywhere, it is supposed to be for Windows, not for Mac.

Would this app work with it?


the only way to be sure is testing it, but judging from your description, I cant see why it wouldnt work.


xespi wrote:Tested width excellent results "Noganet* NG-3089" on Mavericks
Is a wireless double axis analog/digital gamepad like ps2
(It doesn't specify mac compatible but it is)


*Note: Noganet is a argentinian brand for generic Chinese controllers

Image



thanks for reporting
Rodrigo
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby bigmarkcat » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Has anyone been able to use the program successfully with MOGA bluetooth controllers? Specifically MOGA Hero or MOGA Pro? I can pair the controller easily with a MacBook, however not all of the buttons are recognized. Was wondering if this app will allow full access to all axes, triggers, and buttons on MOGA controllers. Thanks for your time!
bigmarkcat
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby vlcchan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:50 am

nice app, i got my mi controller working with it

http://en.miui.com/thread-51934-1-1.html
vlcchan
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:48 am

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby downtime » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:37 am

Hello,

I have a Microsoft Wireless controller that I am connecting to my mac book pro via USB. I have Yosemite OS and I have downloaded the controller drivers from here https://github.com/d235j/360Controller/releases/ and I have rebooted. Joystick mapper says no joysticks are detected. Please help.
Attachments
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG (88.18 KiB) Viewed 7223 times
downtime
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:42 am

Re: Tested Gamepads...

Postby Rodrigo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:39 pm

downtime wrote:Hello,

I have a Microsoft Wireless controller that I am connecting to my mac book pro via USB. I have Yosemite OS and I have downloaded the controller drivers from here https://github.com/d235j/360Controller/releases/ and I have rebooted. Joystick mapper says no joysticks are detected. Please help.


As said in the first post of the topic, the wireless xbox controller Can not connect using the USB charger cable, this is a hardware restriction, sorry! :(

To make that work you will need this receiver:
https://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+36 ... g+receiver

Wired ones should work with no additional hardware, though.
Rodrigo
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Previous

Return to Joystick Mapper

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron