A Few incompatible Ubisoft games.

Joystick Mapper discussion.

A Few incompatible Ubisoft games.

Postby Rodrigo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Some users reported incompatibility with these two recent drm-filled ubisoft games:

• Driver San Franscisco
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction (recently reported in one of the reviews)

Unfortunately, neither of them have native gamepad support. Also, looks like there is a bug, or something else in keyboard handling that prevents even some non-Apple keyboards and Joystick Mapper (note: and any other similar app, according to internet reports) to work.

So, until Ubisoft fix this keyboard bug OR implement native gamepad support, you wont be able to play the mac versions of these games with a gamepad. :|
Rodrigo

Re: A Few incompatible Ubisoft games.

Postby RayanSF » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 am

Add to that:
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

:(
RayanSF

Postby Rodrigo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:24 pm

RayanSF wrote:Add to that:
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

:(

Also, Why the hell they keep releasing mac games without gamepad support?
Looks like they dont care about mac gamers. Dont you think? :(

Once they support Mac gamers properly I will stop buying used console versions [/end of rant] :|
Rodrigo

Postby Jamie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm

non-Apple keyboards

Ha, I've got an apple wireless keyboard, and I occasionally need to start up AC:Brotherhood 8 or 10 times before it responds to keyboard input.

Ugh, I don't even know why I keep buying Ubisoft games. Their windows DRM is actively hostile, they persist in including it on Mac even though Steam has its own DRM...
Jamie

Postby Rodrigo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Jamie wrote:
non-Apple keyboards

Ha, I've got an apple wireless keyboard, and I occasionally need to start up AC:Brotherhood 8 or 10 times before it responds to keyboard input.

Ugh, I don't even know why I keep buying Ubisoft games. Their windows DRM is actively hostile, they persist in including it on Mac even though Steam has its own DRM...

Ugh! That is awful. I really hope they fix these issues, because I like their games.
Rodrigo

Postby braffle » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:44 am

Besides motioninjoy, are there any similar apps to Joystick Mapper for PC? I'm trying to get AC2 working with my PS3 controller, just found out joystick mapper doesn't work, but I do have Bootcamp so I could play it on PC but can't find an PC app that works properly.
braffle

Postby Rodrigo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 am

braffle wrote:Besides motioninjoy, are there any similar apps to Joystick Mapper for PC? I'm trying to get AC2 working with my PS3 controller, just found out joystick mapper doesn't work, but I do have Bootcamp so I could play it on PC but can't find an PC app that works properly.

I heard that Xpadder is a good option on windows :)
Rodrigo

Postby mattkyzner » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Has there been any updates since I want to play Asassin's Creed II with my controller and without the keyboard and trackpad on my Mac? I have all my presets ready for the joystick and related them to the keyboard commands I am also borderline computer illiterate as I get older now, so how I do I get these "drivers" and how do they relate to the situation. Since I had fed the joystick commands to the keyboard commands through joystick mapper, why is there an issue at all? Please help if you can. I have a 27 inch iMac updated to Yosemite. Thanks in advance.
mattkyzner

Postby Rodrigo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:08 pm

these games doesnt detect keyboard input sent from joystick mapper, this is the problem.

but recently I found that some of these games can detect dozens of mouse buttons, and they can be mapped with joystick mapper.
So I am investigating a workaround based on that.
Rodrigo

Postby oosakatama » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:10 am

so how I do I get these "drivers" and how do they relate to the situation.
genting ผ่านเว็บ
oosakatama

Postby Rodrigo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:43 pm

There is not driver related to this situation, except a Ubisoft game called "Driver: San Francisco" which presets the same problem as Assassins Creeds games.
Rodrigo

Postby Spidey002 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:39 am

Rodrigo wrote:but recently I found that some of these games can detect dozens of mouse buttons, and they can be mapped with joystick mapper.
So I am investigating a workaround based on that.

I was able to map mouse motion to the right stick of my 360 game pad, and mouse buttons to A, B, X, Y and the Right Trigger. Then I used A,W,S,D on my keyboard for movement.

But I was wondering, could you create enough mouse button inputs to cover the entire 22 buttons and axises for the 360 controller? (I don't know how many of them AC 2 would recognize, but it's worth a shot!)

If I could at least have enough to use both sticks, the color buttons and one of the triggers, I would be in business. :)
Spidey002

Postby Rodrigo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Spidey002 wrote:(...), could you create enough mouse button inputs to cover the entire 22 buttons and axises for the 360 controller?

thats the plan :)
Rodrigo

Postby Dan Buntin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:13 am

I prefer xpadder. Works great with AC series. I also played Prince of Persia WW with it... Another masterpiece from Ubisoft.
Dan Buntin

Return to Joystick Mapper