NBA 2K14 (PS3)

Only post preset requests here

NBA 2K14 (PS3)

Postby monofu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 am

Has anyone got NBA 2K14 to work with the PS3 controller? If so, I'd really appreciate if you could post your preset. Thanks
monofu

Re: NBA 2K14 (PS3)

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:33 pm

monofu wrote:Has anyone got NBA 2K14 to work with the PS3 controller? If so, I'd really appreciate if you could post your preset. Thanks

As far as I know, there is no NBA 2k14 for mac.... are you using some kind of windows app layer?
Anyway, if you have problems connecting PS3 controllers, please reconnect it, unpair it in the bluetooth panel and re-pair it again with the usb cable attached.
Rodrigo

Postby monofu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Rodrigo wrote:
monofu wrote:Has anyone got NBA 2K14 to work with the PS3 controller? If so, I'd really appreciate if you could post your preset. Thanks

As far as I know, there is no NBA 2k14 for mac.... are you using some kind of windows app layer?
Anyway, if you have problems connecting PS3 controllers, please reconnect it, unpair it in the bluetooth panel and re-pair it again with the usb cable attached.

I've got the game (and PS3 controller) to work with Wine. That's not the issue. I'm having trouble mapping it because there's two joysticks (one for movement and one for dribbling/shooting). What do I map the second joystick to? So I was wondering if anyone had it mapped and could post the preset so I could use it too?
monofu

Postby Rodrigo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:57 pm

monofu wrote:
Rodrigo wrote:

I've got the game (and PS3 controller) to work with Wine. That's not the issue. I'm having trouble mapping it because there's two joysticks (one for movement and one for dribbling/shooting). What do I map the second joystick to? So I was wondering if anyone had it mapped and could post the preset so I could use it too?

Oh, I see!

In this case, you will need a "real" gamepad support, not a mapper that simulates mouse and keyboard.
Does this game support ps3 controllers on windows? If so, it should work as is, if not, see if there is any way to make it work ON WINDOWS, as it is a windows game, and see if you can apply the same method on your wine app.

If i remmember correctly, there is ways to substitute some DLLs in windows games to make it think you have a xbox 360 controller.

I hope it helps.
Rodrigo

Postby monofu » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:47 am

Rodrigo wrote:

monofu wrote:As far as I know, there is no NBA 2k14 for mac.... are you using some kind of windows app layer?

Rodrigo wrote:Oh, I see!

In this case, you will need a "real" gamepad support, not a mapper that simulates mouse and keyboard.
Does this game support ps3 controllers on windows? If so, it should work as is, if not, see if there is any way to make it work ON WINDOWS, as it is a windows game, and see if you can apply the same method on your wine app.

If i remmember correctly, there is ways to substitute some DLLs in windows games to make it think you have a xbox 360 controller.

I hope it helps.

I just found this and will try it out. I guess the game only supports Xbox controllers without the mod? I don't have access to my controller for a week but I'll let you know how it goes. If this doesn't work, do you think MotionJoy work? I think that because Windows is virtualized, if two programs are running concurrently, they won't work with each other? Thinking about it now, maybe if I put them in the same Winebottle (virtualization container), they might work. I'm not sure if that's possible but we'll see.

Thanks a lot for all the help!
monofu

Postby Rodrigo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:17 am

monofu wrote:
Rodrigo wrote:

monofu wrote:As far as I know, there is no NBA 2k14 for mac.... are you using some kind of windows app layer?

Rodrigo wrote:Oh, I see!

I hope it helps.

I just found this and will try it out. I guess the game only supports Xbox controllers without the mod? I don't have access to my controller for a week but I'll let you know how it goes. If this doesn't work, do you think MotionJoy work? I think that because Windows is virtualized, if two programs are running concurrently, they won't work with each other? Thinking about it now, maybe if I put them in the same Winebottle (virtualization container), they might work. I'm not sure if that's possible but we'll see.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

I am not sure how wine handles drivers, Also, I dont have access to a windows machine right now.
I would bet on xboxce method from your first link :) http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

:)
Rodrigo

Return to Preset Requests